Sunday 19 January 2014

Welsh Rugby Top Ten

Unfortunately the Pontypool v Llanharan game was rained off and so I turned to musing about Welsh rugby’s current mess. It’s quite sad really but I came up with this list of songs that sum up the situation as I see it:

1.         We don’t talk any more                                  Cliff Richard
2.         Money’s too tight to mention                           Simply Red
3.         Breakaway                                                    The Beach Boys
4.         I guess that’s why they call it the blues            Elton John
5.         Euros to me are everything                             The Real Thing
6.         These boots are made for walking                   Nancy Sinatra
7.         Lost in France (or finance)                              Bonnie Tyler
8.         Come back and stay                                      Paul Young
9.         If you leave me now                                        Chicago
10.       With or without you                                         U2

Close contenders are “Help” by the Beatles and “All I need is a miracle” by Mike and the Mechanics. I am sure that you can think of plenty of others.

I did watch a bit of the Heineken Cup on the TV and it is interesting to note that none of the current Welsh squad will be playing in the quarter finals.


Let’s hope the sun shines next weekend or I’ll be thinking of a top ten of films! 

No comments:

Post a Comment