Saturday 4 December 2021

Pooler Bounce Back – and how!

I didn’t manage to see the match between Pontypool and Tata Steel as I was out on pre-Christmas manoeuvres. It was great to hear that Pooler had bounced back from the disappointment of the previous Saturday in some style. It certainly confirmed that Pooler were unfazed by what was hopefully a blip and got back down to business.

Tata Steel (who pay my pension by the way, so I do feel some sympathy!) unfortunately found themselves on the receiving end of the backlash from the defeat at Neath. My colleagues on the Bank at the Park tell me that, with Jarvis at fly half pulling the strings, it was a real demolition job with Pooler running in twelve tries in romping home to an 82-3 victory.

Well done to everyone, I only wish I could have been there. Next Saturday will bring a stiffer test, I am sure, when Pooler visit Ystalyfera. We can expect a close encounter with a cup tie atmosphere as Pooler continue to regain cohesion after the long break.

Come on Pooler! 

No comments:

Post a Comment