Sunday 14 August 2022

It Ain’t Half Hot Mun

I have to admit I didn’t make the trip to Llandovery for Pooler’s latest warm up game. By all accounts, it was a real gutsy performance from Pontypool to come from behind and snatch a 14-19 win against Premiership opposition in very hot weather. Preparations for the new season are clearly going well. I am really looking forward to some stern tests against Championship opposition in the months to come.

This hot weather has meant that I have not been sleeping too well. Last night was no exception and I had a terrible nightmare. I dreamt that the WRU had decided to reduce the Premiership to just ten clubs for the 2023-24 season and that it would be ringfenced until eternity.

If this was not bad enough, in the next part of the dream someone from the WRU was saying, “Congratulations Mr. Jones we have decided to give you the job of sorting out Welsh rugby. There is just one proviso Pontypool must never play in the Premiership.”

As you can imagine, I awoke in a cold sweat. Fortunately, the second part of the dream will never come true but as to the first part???

Well done Pooler. We shall prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment