Sunday 3 October 2021

Saturday, Schmaturday

I am like a man on a diet and it’s not going well. I long to watch some proper rugby that I can really get interested in. That means some red meat Pooler style!

The current fare that I watch on TV is not really quelling the pangs of hunger I am afraid.  I have tried to feel involved but, for instance, watching Leicester v Saracens yesterday and Scarlets v Lions the day before did not come close to satisfying my hunger. Worse still, now and then, there is a little something that grabs me and it is like the smell of bacon or freshly baked bread when you know you can’t have them to eat.

This is agony and we still have to wait until November 13th before Pontypool take the field in earnest. The squad looks great, the ground looks terrific but wait we must. Bah!

In the meantime, there will be an international or two to supplement the diet which will help. This depends on whether I can manage to get to grips with the new app. Still no sign of the tickets and I begin to wonder whether I have done something wrong. I suppose it is progress.

First up for Wales will be the All Blacks who rather surprisingly lost to South Africa yesterday. The match is outside the international window of course so an understrength Wales is going to meet a New Zealand team smarting from a rare defeat. This I fear will not do much for Wales’ 9th place in the current World rankings. It is difficult to see how the European champions find themselves in this position but those are statistics for you. You never know Wales may find the inspiration from somewhere to give the All Blacks a tough time – I really do hope so.

Come on Wales – let us have some Bread of Heaven for us hungry souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment